Before we can quote you a price for your new fireplace installation, we will arrange with you to undertake a full technical survey to ensure that we have all the information at once to provide an accurate fixed price.
The survey is the only way to properly ensure that we offer the best-fitting solutions and problem solving of troublesome flues and fireplaces. We will take pictures of all the details that we need so that they can be used in pulling together our quotation for the work.
Our surveyors are Gas Safe and HETAS qualified, and we have our customers needs and use of the room and budget availability foremost to any of our recommendations.
We offer this technical survey free of charge to provide our customers sound technical advice when choosing a main focal point to their room. We include safety aspects, efficiencies, fuel types, the most suitable materials and advise on design aesthetics, for example:
- Full description of the job required, with notes to the installer and special comments for attention
- Product type required, and any notes about possible (or probable) product ranges and models
- Exact measurements of the fireplace, recess and hearth, and chimney breast
- Examination of the chimney and flue, and its condition
- Any requirements for internal linings, heat-resistant boarding, adapters and special fittings
- Scaffolding requirements for chimney access
- Carbon Monoxide detection
- Installation notes relating to the recess, hearth and fire surround