Recent Projects Completed
Here are some examples of recent work from typical Greenview customers
|Mr and Mrs Taylor, Moortown, Leeds || |
- Professionals with a young family and an excitable spaniel, living in a 1930s brick built property with a typical 1930s style tiled fireplace, with Radiant gas fire encased in wood
- Want to burn wood and would like a nice fireplace that would suit the property, something that wouldn’t date in the years to come. Chose the Stovax Stockton 7 Multi-fuel Stove, in a Pembroke painted grey fireplace with a black honed granite hearth
- Property with a very tall chimney stack required a cherry picker for access to the flue
- Two day installation process removing the old gas fire and opening up the fireplace back, installing linings for the flue and internal recess, with full chimney breast re-plastering and new skirting boards.
- Total project price £3,500 (including VAT)
Download the full story: Mr and Mrs Taylor
|Mr Foxton, Pool-in-Wharfedale || |
- Relatively new build in Pool in Wharfedale. Traditional wood mantel and gas fire existing.
- Wanted to update the installation to provide a real ‘wow’ to the room, particularly wanted to position a TV and soundbar above the gas fire.
- An open fronted Gazco gas fire was suggested to provide adequate heat output for the room without the excessive heat building up above the installation affecting the electrical TV installation.
- A bespoke framework was designed, manufactured and installed. Two recesses were created to hold the soundbar and the TV, with the TV on an extendable arm to aid the viewing from different angles. The wall completely re-plastered to the stage where the decorators could come in to complete the new feature.
- Budget £6,000. Actual project price £5,750 (including VAT).
|Mr and Mrs Price, Moortown, Leeds || |
- Young, professional late 20s couple in 1920s built property. Tiled fireplace gas fire installed not currently working.
- Wanted to install a wood-burning stove into a recess with a natural stone hearth and wood beam.
- Flue found to be defective, so new flue lining installed. Recess created by opening the chimney breast back to the builders opening and natural stone hearth installed. Recess was boarded out with heat resistant plaster, which was made good around. A register plate was installed and the stove and flue pipe were connected to the flue lining.
- Whole installation carried out in 1.5 days. Budget £2,400. Actual price £2,450 (including VAT)
|Mrs Blake, Burley-in-Wharfedale || |
- Widow in late 60s living in a 1950s built property. Flat wall wood surround gas fire with external chimney breast, flue defective.
- Would like to install a wood-burning stove with slate hearth flue lining for solid fuel use. Need to create a chimney breast use a 45 degree elbow to access the external chimney.
- Flue lining was installed with a revolving flue terminal which was suggested to aid the egress of the products of combustion. Esse 100 was installed and fitted to the flue lining
- A slate hearth was fitted and a new chimney breast and new skirting boards, both plastered to the stage ready for decoration
- Budget £3,500, actual project price £3,200 (including VAT)
|Picture coming soon! |